[CT Birds] White TV and TV roost

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 17:34:27 EST 2008

I've received several questions about the location of the  Willimantic turkey
vulture roost, so here are some more specific  directions.  The white bird
has been a continuing thread on the NOS  listserv, so I didn't think  to be more
detailed.
Directions:
The roost I saw is a lone spruce tree behind a house at the  corner of
Prospect and Windham Streets in Willimantic.  Facing up the hill  it's the house on
the left.  That's pretty much in the center of town, and  near parts of
Eastern Ct State University.  Prospect street runs east -  west, parallel to Rt 32
(Main St), and is the 2nd street to the north up the  hill. The first street is
Valley St.  Windham St. runs off of Rt 32 to the  north and dead ends at a
school just up the hill from Prospect.  A Dairy  Queen is on the corner of
Windham and Rt 32.

_http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=windham+and+prospect+s
ts,&near=Willimantic,+CT&fb=1&cid=0,0,1400687276573606170&sa=X&oi=local_result
&resnum=1&ct=image_
(http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=windham+and+prospect+sts,&near=Willimantic,+CT&fb=1&cid=0,0,1400687276573606170&
sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

Try not to let 'em carry you off.