[CT Birds] Mystery Kingbird (Brian Kleinman)

snaketat at cox.net snaketat at cox.net
Thu Jan 10 20:17:29 EST 2008

I was going through some old slides when I happened upon one that created quite a stir back in 1998.

Jay Kaplan and myself were leading a bird walk at Hammonasett SP on August 19, 1998.  Our group was enjoying a couple of Philadelphia Vireos in this large isolated tree.  When all of a sudden this unusual looking kingbird flew in.  I managed to get a couple shots before it was never seen again.  Now, before I tell you the conclusion of the story I would like your thoughts on this bird.  I was never truly satisfied with the identification.

If you are familiar with this photo please don't give it away ~ just yet.

Click on the link below to see the pic.

http://members.cox.net/snaketat/kingbird%20web.jpg

Have Fun!

Brian Kleinman