[CT Birds] Game Bird Questions

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Fri Jan 11 12:23:07 EST 2008

I live near Bristol Fish and Game and I have had a great variety of colorred pheasants at my feeders as well as the dark ring necks.  Knowing that they were released birds I never bothered to speciate them or count them.  I don't know if these birds are appropriate for Dave's list or not but since he asked for exotics, I'll post them if I see them.

  Jack Swatt
  Wolcott

MHMooreP at aol.com wrote:
  Regarding the pheasants: I am a fly fisherman and member of the Wallingford
Rod @ Gun Club where we have a small lake that we keep stocked with Rainbow,
Brown and Brook Trout. We also have lots of land that we stock with pheasants.
This year I noticed that our holding pen for the birds contained many black
pheasants, which I had never noticed before. I am not a hunter and don't know the
particulars of why we have these birds, but we obviously got them from a
breeder. The conclusion is that we will be seeing a lot more black pheasants in
the wild that were raised in captivity.
Marty Moore