[CT Birds] Bird Count Results

Linda & Steve Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Sat Jan 12 08:16:40 EST 2008

CT Birders:

Clay Taylor posed the question below about the highly impressive
species total on this year's Old Lyme-Saybrook Christmas Bird Count,
133 count day species.  His comments are in response to compiler
Barbara Barron's message to OL-CT CBC participants about the results
of this count.  Barbara noted that one of the best birds found was a
Black-and-white Warbler in Westbrook.

I've gone to my Excel spreadsheets and pulled out some numbers on
species totals on past CBCs.  I show the information below Clay's
message.  It may be of general interest to subscribers to ctbirds.
Congratulations to Potapaug Audubon Society for such a great effort!

On Jan 12, 2008, at 12:03 AM, Clay Taylor wrote:

> WHAT?????
>
> 133??????
>
> HOLY COW!!!!!!    AWESOME!!!!
>
> Hey, Steve Broker (Official Keeper of the CT CBC Data), is that a
> record?  If not, what is the CT record, and how does this stack up?
>
> Great job everyone!
>
> Clay

The Connecticut Christmas Bird Count:  High Species Totals Since 1950