[CT Birds] Cackling Goose - More Common Than We Think?

REBECCA I HOROWITZ rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 12 15:50:47 EST 2008

I heard an anecdote from a very experienced water fowler.
He claimed his party took 8-10 Cackling Geese (by
permission on private property) in Easton.  He also
noted several Cackling Geese in a flock of a Canada
Geese, off Norwalk.  These sightings took place about
2 weeks ago.

Canada Geese are notoriously obvious.
That is, they move about in large flocks and frequent
accessible, open areas.  It is interesting if hunters are
encountering large numbers of Cackling Geese,
unbeknownst to the CT Birding community.

Steve Mayo
Bethany