[CT Birds] LI Sound 1/12

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 12:30:03 EST 2008

Birders,

My family and I spent Saturday afternoon on a Project
Oceanology boat on the eastern end of Long Island
Sound.  We did various water tests, a trawl, and a
seal census from the Thames to Hungry Point on the
eastern end of Fisher's Island.  Not very birdy,
especially at the mouth of the Thames.  Eleven SURF
SCOTERS and two BLACK SCOTER NW of North Dumpling were
the only birds of any note.  No eider, Razorbill, etc.
and only a handfull of LONG-TAILED DUCK.  Great day to
be on the water for mid-January though.

Glenn Williams
Mystic