[CT Birds] Great Weekend

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Mon Mar 31 22:32:13 EDT 2008

Just enjoyed a fantastic weekend of birding starting with the COA meeting on
Sat.  A BIG THANK YOU to all involved with this meeting,  from the
interesting and entertaining speakers, to the vendors, and the folks
responsible for the delicious food, and to the donors of all the great
raffle prizes (I won a gorgeous Paul Fusco photo of a red crossbill at
Hammo, a life bird for me this winter, thank you Paul).  It was a most
thought provoking, inspiring, and fun gathering of some of the best birding
folks in the state.  Thanks again.

Sunday I joined Luke Tiller and Sunrise Birding at Sherwood Island and was
rewarded with 60+ birds including the most cooperative Chat (a life bird for
me).
On my way home, I stopped at the Audubon Coastal Center in Milford and got
nice looks at 3-4 Redpolls at the feeders, 20+ Canvasback in the marsh, the
recently returned Osprey pair, and 3 Snow Geese on the sandbar.

Great birding combined with a UConn win, who could ask for a better weekend!