[CT Birds] Fairfield sightings 4/1

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:26:43 EDT 2008

>From Scott Kruitbosch:
4/1 - Fairfield CAS Center  -- 15 SNOW GEESE, 1 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, 1
BROWN CREEPER

It was a good day for such a quick stop in Fairfield, as the migrants
continue to grow in numbers. Other notable species included: 12
GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS (a conservative number), 9 EASTERN PHOEBES, 3 TREE
SWALLOWS, 3 WOOD DUCKS, and 2 PINE WARBLERS. I know the sanctuary well, and
was hoping for a Palm Warbler or some Ruby-crowned Kinglets, but I struck
out. Not quite yet!

I also had a GREAT EGRET at Gallinule Pond, the first of the season.

Here's the full tally from Fairfield.

Snow Goose     15
Wood Duck     3
Red-bellied Woodpecker     3