[CT Birds] 170 of 193 CT 2008 Species on eBird

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 15:55:02 EDT 2008

It took me a while, but by using Dave Provencher's CT 2008 to date list
and the eBird 2008 CT list, I figured out that 23 species of the the 193
CT 2008 species to date have NOT been sent in to eBird.

I just started using eBird myself, but its pretty easy to just go in and
figure it out yourself.  If you click "home" then look on the right hand side,
it tells you how many reports have been sent in by each state.  It shows CT
is currently at 170 (really 169 because it counts Mallard x Black Duck) for
2008.

I sent in my Cackling Goose report from 3/17 to make it 170.  The reports
aren't updated right away.  I'm not sure how long it takes to get in there, but I
don't think its more than 24 hours.

Numbers 171-193 would be: Common Eider, Red-necked Grebe, Northern
Gannet, Snowy Egret, Least Bittern, Broad-winged Hawk, Sandhill Crane,
Lesser Yellowlegs, Western Sandpiper, Glaucous Gull, Laughing Gull,
Razorbill, Black Guillemot, Barn Owl (don't given away exact location), Barn
Swallow, House Wren, Marsh Wren, Varied Thrush (just the city would be fine),
Bohemian Waxwing, Nashville Warbler, Lincoln's Sparrow,
Yellow-headed Blackbird, & White-winged Crossbill.

There are some amazing birds on that list, so if you've seen any of these in CT
this year please consider posting them to eBird.

Tim Antanaitis
East Hampton