[CT Birds] raising $$ to preserve land

Pat Dufour patdufour at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 5 22:33:20 EDT 2008

Bev,
Your thought that by putting an increase tax on bird seed to help raise
money for conservation is nice BUT unfortunately it will probably result in
the loss of the ability of many people to be able to afford the luxury of
feeding the birds.  This is especially true of the elderly.  My mother at 91
loves to watch the birds from her kitchen window while washing her dishes.
As it is now, the cost of a bag of black oil sunflower seeds is just about
at the cut off amount for her.  I know that this is true of many seniors on
a fixed SS income.
Just a reminder for those not in this situation.
Pat.