[CT Birds] Two Hawk Questions and More

zellene sandler zellene at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 08:30:17 EDT 2008

Out at Penwood viewpoint yesterday doing a 10 minute hawk check something
occurred to me...in the fall, we hope for a good NW wind for hawk
migration. In spring, shouldn't we hope for a SE wind?

Second, at what point does a red tail lose its immature plumage?

I will be doing more hawkwatching at Penwood and for more than 10 minutes.
I will be at the viewpoint Aril 12 and 13th for a couple of hours each day.
Anyone who would like to join me is more than welcome. The picnic table is
gone so there is no convenient seating unless you bring your own. It is
about a half hour walk down the old road to the viewpoint. Anyone can email
me for specifics if interested!

Zellene Sandler