[CT Birds] Cowbird babies

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Mon May 26 19:54:25 EDT 2008

>From Bev Propen  5/26  Orange

This evening I was just watching in my backyard, as my  pair of cardinals was
feeding 2 baby cowbirds   :(
I was waiting for baby cardinals, since the  parents have  been in yard for
years.  But this year they have been raising cowbird  babies.  Nature.....
On a better note, as I did my neighborhood walk this morning,  I was trying
to figure out who was singing ;  as it turns out the  mockingbird on a
neighbor's street has a very varied repetoire.....from  imitating a car alarm  (which
was the first time I ever heard that) to a  flicker and a blue jay amongst
other songs.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.