[CT Birds] BT Green Warblers

William Sweet w.sweet at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 27 09:23:41 EDT 2008

Is anyone noticing a decrease in the BT Green numbers this year?

  I spent the entire weekend camping in Housatonic Meadows and had the typical varieties of birds surrounding the camp. Blackburnian is very abundent as are Pine warblers. However, unlike other years, the BT Greens were non-existant at the camp. All other years they are almost always present throughout our 4 day camp trip.

  Typically I'm hearing and seeing many more BT Greens than I am this year. I also noticed this while birding River Rd in Kent this may multiple times. They were there very spotty but not in the usual numbers.

  Anybody else experiance this?