[CT Birds] BT Green Warblers

Barclay, John john.barclay at uconn.edu
Tue May 27 11:36:55 EDT 2008

I am experiencing a similar lack of Black-throated Greens where I have
come to expect them each year in Ashford (Westford). I heard Eastern
Wood Peewees (2) for the first time yesterday, 26 May. I have not heard
or seen other flycatchers except an occasional Great-crested vocalizing
where usually they would be common. Our Phoebes seem to have left but
may be busy with young. Blue-winged, Yellow, and Common Yellow-throat
numbers also seem down. We have more N. Orioles, catbirds, downies and
hairies than usual, taking all the suet, oranges, and hummingbird nectar
we can provide.