[CT Birds] E. Hampton Pine Siskin

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 17:00:08 EDT 2008

>From Tim Antanaitis:
5/27 - East Hampton, Laurel Ridge -- 1 PINE SISKIN

It's just about nesting season for these guys and this one (a female I think) is
here calling (rising buzzy zhreeee) and eating black oil sunflower seeds.  There
are absolutely no conifers around for it to nest in, so I'm not sure why it's still
here.  Last one (maybe the same bird) was seen here was on May 2.  My
understanding is that they are rare nesters in the NW part of the state - is this
correct?  So this one may just be a very late migrant.

Photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/TimAntanaitis/YardBirds