[CT Birds] storm birds

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Tue May 27 17:25:21 EDT 2008

Lines of thundershowers have been rolling through Waterbury for a few hours. I always try to take a quick look at a local lake under these conditions to see if anything interesting got "knocked down." (Just down, not out. I would expect to see "it" flying around or sitting on the surface, depending what species was involved - Black Tern would be a good candidate right now).

I checked three lakes in Watertown-Middlebury on my way to work without success, but that doesn't mean somebody else out there might not find something before dark.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury