[CT Birds] Captured Cockatiel

Kathy Van Der Aue kvda at optonline.net
Tue May 27 19:15:20 EDT 2008

I hope it isn't too off topic, after all, it's a bird.  We have had a
wonderful cockatiel for 13 years (June 25th) that our son found in a park.
It is good you know that you don't want the bird as a pet bird is a long
term commitment for a person who really wants one.  I suggest you put an ad
in the lost & found of a few local papers as someone somewhere is probably
worried sick.  They didn't used to charge for these ads (13 years ago).  I
suggest that you don't ID the bird as breeders will call and try to pick up
a good bird for nothing.  I said "Pet bird found, x location, x date, call x
to identify and claim".  I got dozens of calls, never found the heartbroken
owner but, it was worth the try.  Good Luck!

Kathy Van Der Aue, Southport, CT
kvda at optonline.net