[CT Birds] Stratford BioBlitz and Birding Board

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu May 29 12:44:30 EDT 2008

First of all, I do not believe anyone has posted information on the 2008
Stratford BioBlitz, which will be taking place tomorrow and Saturday. You
can read up on the BioBlitz and the events planned for the two days by
visiting the following link:

http://www.peabody.yale.edu/explore/bioblitz/index.html

Secondly, I have created a message board for Connecticut birding that can be
found at http://www.birdingboard.com. I am the sole creator and
administrator and it is not affiliated with any organizations. I have some
experience in this field and I always wanted to create something like this.
I definitely believe we can benefit from it, just as we have benefited so
greatly from this list.

It is by no means a replacement for this list - it is a completely different
entity. This list is critically important because it delivers immediate
reports on rare or unusual birds, whereas the goal of the Birding Board is
more for laid back chat, discussions on birding in general, or talking about
something such as the Cockatiel or daily feeder birds (only examples). I
know there are some who dislike the volume of emails coming to their inbox
about usual birds, quick replies, or slightly off-topic thoughts (I know I
like to ramble) and I hope this place can be the perfect fit for these other
areas. You can even upload pictures or list scopes and other birding related
equipment for sale.

So please take a look at the 2008 Stratford BioBlitz and
http://www.birdingboard.com - registration is quick and easy. I hope we can
expand the CT birding community into another area to make it better for all
of us (and the birds, too). If you have any questions please email me
directly at this address or through the board - thank you. Hope to see you
at the BioBlitz.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT