[CT Birds] Bird Id Help

etbchs at aol.com etbchs at aol.com
Fri May 30 06:29:25 EDT 2008

For the past 2 weekends, I have spotted a bird that looks like a Yellow Headed Blackbird. It perches atop a long grass stem close to the small, wet area in the field out back. Bright yellow head, black body, blackbird size, some white?near wings....This couldn't be possible since I?haven't heard anyone report seeing this bird in CT-or am I wrong? ?What could it be? Several of us saw this bird through binoculars. Also, on another note (no pun intended), a friend of mine (Manchester)?has a non-viewable bird singing/calling "ju-dee, ju-dee, ju-dee, ju-dee" (exactly 4 times, every time) and asked that I see if anyone knows what this could be...thanks for any help in either ID case.
Elaine (Bristol)