[CT Birds] Thrush ID? Rt 44 powerlines

Steve Ballentine list at ballentine-capital.com
Fri May 30 16:11:31 EDT 2008

Yesterday at 10:30am I was walking the West Hartford powerlines (south of Rt
44) and heard a tremendous commotion from about 6 feet into the woods on the
east side of the trail. I walked into the woods to see two thrushes making a
racket. I was able to photograph both birds; one was clearly a wood thrush
and the other thrush I can't ID but leaning toward Gray-Cheeked. Can someone
with more expertise than I check this bird out in the photos at the link
below and ID it? May be a bird worth noting.

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=Ballentine
<http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=Ballentine&P=&AID=5282367&CID=0&T=1&E=Y>
&P=&AID=5282367&CID=0&T=1&E=Y

Steve Ballentine

P.S. Also of interest there yesterday was a Yellow-Bellied Flycatcher (heard
only) and a family of 5 American Woodcocks probing the earth just off one of
the trails going into the woods to the east off the main trail under the
powerlines.