[CT Birds] Yellow Headed Blackbird

etbchs at aol.com etbchs at aol.com
Fri May 30 16:36:28 EDT 2008

Wow! What a terrfic response from you all. This is all very exciting. First, let me add some detials that some of you have requested. I have only sighted the possible Yellow Blackbird? 2X...both between 11am and 2pm on a bright sunny days. Both times , it was near what sometimes is a little? area of pooled rain/pond water runoff. It has not been on the feeders from what I can tell. While I do have feeders, most of what I see here is in the natural environment and always a bit too far into the field for me to snap a detailed picture- though I can zoom to get some fuzzy shots. I will try to get a picture asap if it (and I sure hope so) decides to pass through again. Other birds on a consistent basis do include those in the blackbird family.?I have the back lot butting against a huge open field with a few pines and bushes and a pond nearby. If it comes back, I'll try and get to you all right away so if you are nearby you can come see. Some of you say Bobolink....I will look closely to distinguish, but I think there is more yellow to its head. Thank you all-Can't wait till it comes back. I am so excited!
Elaine