[CT Birds] Reporting Bird bands found on a dead bird

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 31 10:28:09 EDT 2008

A family friend here in Washington, CT found a dead gray cat bird with a bird band by the side of his house about May 13. I gave my friend the toll free number at Patuxent to report the band number to Patuxent. My friend was at my house today and gave me the band he found on the catbird. He had not been able to read the band number and was hoping I could. I could not read the band number either. I checked the Web site for Patuxent but only found the electronic method of reporting band numbers, which assumes you can read the bird band number. Can one just mail the band, with the details about the finding of the dead bird, to Bird Band, Laurel MD 20708? If this is not the address to mail in the band, what is the address for mailing in the band?

David Babington
Washington, CT