[CT Birds] The written word -

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 31 11:26:00 EDT 2008

Good for you Tammy!

I also try to keep only written notes and lists as well. I do save some info on the computer, being one who likes to keep records on file, but the written word still seems the best. As an artist, I sometimes sketch -by hand of coarse - any interesting subject I might find. I also take pictures, but usually not often, cuz it gets in the way of my thrill and enjoyment of the moment.

So when the day comes that all lists, sightings and records are saved on files, It will be a sad one; especially when some find they didn't hard copy their data or make an extra copy of it for safety, yes?

The wonder and romance of observing natures beauty in its natural form is getting lost in this computerized world. Why go out at all when you can just Google it and see it instantly on the big screen?

Paul Carrier

 A Quote from: HD Thoreau -
    "You must not know to much or be to precise or scientific
     about birds and trees and flowers and watercraft;
     a certain free-margin, and even vagueness - ignorance, credulity -
     helps your enjoyment of these things."