[CT Birds] Listing Software and methods

Julie Keefer julie.keefer at gmail.com
Sat May 31 11:53:55 EDT 2008

I also use Birder's Diary and have found it to be a great tool.  It has a
lot of features and you can use as many or as few as you want.  One of my
favorite features is that you can set it up to show your life list total #
of species at the bottom as well as another location, which I use for my
yard bird tally.  Those numbers have also helped me find entry mistakes,
when they increased after adding a list with no new lifers.

In the field I use an old-fashioned pen and paper.  I bought this great
carrier that holds my bird guide and a pen and pad of paper and has a strap
to carry over my shoulder.  The best thing I ever bought!  I also keep all
of my paper lists, even after adding them into the software.  I frequently
back my database to CD as well, because I really don't want to have to go
back in and reenter all that data!

Julie