[CT Birds] Bobolink , not yellow headed bb

etbchs at aol.com etbchs at aol.com
Sat May 31 18:43:19 EDT 2008

Thanks to the great help from Jim and Carol Zipp at the Fat Robin Bird and Nature Shop, I discovered that my Yellow- headed Black Bird was more likely to be one of the 4 Bobolinks (2 pair) that I spotted this afternoon?with my great new? binoculars! What I was using before probably blurred its head to appear all yellow. I'm disappointed in the lack of a rare bird sighting, but thrilled with the absolutely crystal clear viewing of the Boblinks and 6 other firsts for me today! Thank you all for your id help and I will still keep an eye out-just in case. Jim-thanks!
Elaine