[CT Birds] Saugatuck River I95 Peregrines 6/3 update

Michael Clark mikec at optonline.net
Tue Jun 3 09:32:36 EDT 2008

The chicks began their fifth week on 5/28.  I've posted 5/28, 6/2 and 6/3:
http://seacur.smugmug.com/Birds/521646  Click on Week Five.  In a couple of
weeks we should see six Peregrines flying in the area.

We were disappointed to learn that the chicks won't be banded.  Evidently it
has to be done close to day 21 when they are old enough for the bands but
not so old that they will be likely to jump from the intruders.  No one was
available from DEP to do it around that time.  Also, there's been no
response yet from my e-mail to the banding lab about the female's origin.
I'll try them again.

Mike Clark, Westport