[CT Birds] Willow or Alder?

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 3 18:56:16 EDT 2008

Looking on Google Earth, if I'm not mistaken it looks like it's only about 8 miles "as the flycatcher flies" from that park to Cranberry Pond in White Memorial where in past years I've found Alders apparently nesting.  Greg knows the habitat better for sure but if the habitat would support them, it doesn't seem a stretch for them to be found that short a distance away.  Nice find.

Jim

The Fat Robin Wild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
www.fatrobin.com