[CT Birds] duck in chimmny

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 08:48:04 EDT 2008

Hi Carol

Paul from Harwinton here -

I know of tree hole nesting ducks doing exactly what you have posted. I once caught (cleaned and released) a Wood duck female in a friends wood stove in West Hartford years ago. Had another years later caught in a heating duct in Bloomfield; it to was a Wood duck.

I would like to ask you if what you had might not have been also a wood duck? What did you see on this dead bird that made you call it a Red-b-merg? It's Possible but very unusual a bird here in CT>

Paul Carrier