[CT Birds] NHBC "1st Weds" at Sandy Pt

Phil Asprelli aspr82 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 18:08:20 EDT 2008

At 8:15 am 9 intrepid birders, 2 from as far away as NJ, stepped off on a drizzly, wind swept bird watch in search of anything with feathers. With the constant wiping of optics and eyeglasses we still managed to record 42 species.  We saw most of the Sandy Point previously reported species with the exception of :
  Red Knot, Western Sandpiper, Black Tern, Boat-tailed Grackle and Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrow.  The walk concluded 2 hours later at 10:15 am with the weather a little less intense.  Kudos to all who "braved the day!"

  Phil Asprelli