[CT Birds] BLACK-NECKED STILT at Barn Island Wildlife Management Area, Stonington, CT

Skyler Streich streich28 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 19:36:42 EDT 2008

Hello,
 I am very excited to report a BLACK-NECKED STILT at Barn Island WMA in
Stonington, CT today at 4:30pm.  I spotted him at the last salt marsh area
before the meadow on the main trail through Barn Island Management Area.
You have to walk off the main trail on the right hand side onto a side trail
through the marsh area.  He was present there for about 5 minutes.  As I was
putting my camera away after getting some very poor pictures of him.  My
girlfriend alerted me that he was flight.  He flew directly over our heads!
I am beating myself up now that I did not have my camera handy at that
time.

             He was flying Southwest and landed in a remote area in the
Wildlife Management Area out of view.  So he could be anywhere.

Thank You,
Skyler Streich
Westerly, RI