[CT Birds] Fwd: BLACK-NECKED STILT at Barn Island Management Area

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 19:37:17 EDT 2008

Thanks to Skyler Streich for this report. Nice one Skyler!

nick

Hello,
 I am very excited to report a BLACK-NECKED STILT at Barn Island WMA
in Stonington, CT today at 4:30pm.  I spotted him at the last salt
marsh area before the meadow on the main trail through Barn Island
Management Area.  You have to walk off the main trail on the right
hand side onto a side trail through the marsh area.  He was present
there for about 5 minutes.  As I was putting my camera away after
getting some very poor pictures of him.  My girlfriend alerted me that
he was flight.  He flew directly over our heads!  I am beating myself
up now that I did not have my camera handy at that time.  I am
attaching the best of photo I took of him to this email.

             He was flying Southwest and landed in a remote area in
the Wildlife Management Area out of view.  So he could be anywhere.

Thank You,
Skyler Streich
Westerly, RI