[CT Birds] Ravens

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Fri Jun 6 22:00:29 EDT 2008

This post may hold one of the keys to the explosive and rather mysterious
spread of Ravens as nesting birds throughout CT. When we had a tiny and
isolated population, all (I believe) known nests were on inaccessible
cliffs. Even as range expansion began, cliff nests seemed to be the only
type found in the state. I think this is the first tree nest reported on
this list, although I think someone may have told me about one a year ago.
(Can't believe I didn't write that down somewhere!). Anyway, use of trees
certainly increases the available nest sites exponentially.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing about other tree nests.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury