[CT Birds] Black-necked Stilt historical

Clay Taylor ctaylor at att.net
Sat Jun 7 13:19:10 EDT 2008

Thanks Jim and Steve!

Everybody should notice that with the exception of the three birds in Sept, the records are all clustered into this date range - Nick's comments are right on.

Other stuff we should be looking for (besides the Traveling Whistling Ducks) are White-faced Ibis, Wilson's Plover (mine was Griswold Point, 6/17/79), Black Rail (calling in Cromwell, 6/25/82) and still Ruff (5/30/82, North Cove, Old Saybrook), late kites (both Mississippi and Swallow-tailed - I have seen neither in CT), and western flycatchers and the like.

Hmm....that means I have to stop looking down at the butterflies, eh?    Tough decision.....

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT
ctaylor at att.net