[CT Birds] Tree-nesting Ravens

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 14:42:20 EDT 2008

I reported last year, and others may also have done so, that a  pair of
Ravens nested in Boston Hollow in Westford, Ct. (In the Yale  Forest).  Perhaps
that is what Greg recalls.  I and two other  people observed the adults coming
and going at the nest on May 15th last  year.  Each time an adult arrived with
some sort of food there was a great  commotion, and obviously there were
several nestlings.
The nest was in a pine tree about 50 feet up, and the tree was  no more than
20 feet or so from Boston Hollow Road.   I was there this  year and did not
find a nest, but I could distinctly hear more than one Raven  calling from the
hill to the west of B H Road in the same general area (as I  reported a few
weeks ago).
Don Morgan
Coventry

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.