[CT Birds] Goldfinches missing in North Stamford this summer?

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at optonline.net
Mon Jul 21 08:03:35 EDT 2008

Hi,
I live in north Stamford and usually have flocks of goldfinches all year round.  This summer they seemed to have left town (they were here in the winter and spring).  I have only one lonely male resident who visits my feeder.

Could it be that I changed from sunflower kernels to the whole black seed, or is it something else?  Has anyone else noticed a lack of goldfinches in this area this summer?

Thanks,
Barbara Garrett
Stamford