[CT Birds] Long Beach Effort Survives

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Jul 22 07:22:30 EDT 2008

The Town Council in Stratford did not vote to terminate negotiations as was expected last night, so the effort to protect this critical habitat will continue.  We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but at least we can continue that work.  Thank you very much to Charlie, Frank Scott, Steve and Carla and any other birders who showed up to help out our effort.  Miley Bull, Sandy Breslin, Melissa Spear, Andrew French and I (and many others who have been working so hard on this) all appreciate the turn out.

Tonight Miley will be moderating the public information session and Andrew, Sandy, Melissa I will be there (Birdseye Community Center) to answer any questions people may have.    Thursday is the public hearing and perhaps the last chance Stratford residents will have to speak up in favor of permanent protection of Long Beach West.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation