[CT Birds] Cormorants

ORCHIDS bulbophyllum at charter.net
Fri Jul 25 14:14:50 EDT 2008

Follow this link:  http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/IN766

Apparently fish that consume certain plankton can affect predatory
fish.  There is presently a localized red tide bloom on the north
shore of Long Island.  This is the first toxic red tide - the cysts
present in the Sound in the past have proven to not be toxic.  Might
this red tide have been transported to LIS from the Gulf of Maine and
Buzzards Bay?

My suggestion is to report your observations to the DEP Wildlife
Division.  I may be useful to track these findings.

Ron