[CT Birds] Nighthawks (Brian Kleinman)

snaketat at cox.net snaketat at cox.net
Mon Aug 18 07:06:08 EDT 2008

Last night between 6:30 - 7 PM I had the densest flock of Common Nighthawks that I can ever recall.  What made this flock unique was that they were feeding right above my house and several over houses in the neighborhood in area of approximately 10 acres.  As the lead birds fed more and more nighthawks joined until the flock was approximately  200-300 birds (probably more!).  It was an awesome sight!

Click on the links to see a couple pictures.  In the first pic there are 52 birds and the second 33 birds.

http://members.cox.net/snaketat/Nighthawks_web.jpg
http://members.cox.net/snaketat/Nighthawks2_web.jpg

BK