[CT Birds] LHPP Tuesday 243+

semismart9 at aol.com semismart9 at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 17:28:15 EDT 2008

After a wonderful day on Monday, Tuesday presented itself with not much
wind, but good clouds for much of the morning. Lynn James, Dana
Campbell and I ended up with a total of 243 Hawks for the day. The
breakdown was as follows:

TV... 9
Red-Shouldered Hawk... 1
Osprey... 114
Broad-Winged Hawk... 1
Bald Eagle... 1 (right at 1:45PM)                           American
Kestrel... 2
Northern Harrier... 5
Merlin... 2
Sharp Shinned Hawk... 92                                    Peregring
Falcon... 2
Cooper's Hawk... 11
Red-Tailed Hawk... 3

Also, there were the following land birds moving through:
Eastern Meadowlark... 1 (I believe this is the first for the fall),
Dickcissel... 1  , Red-Winged Blackbirds... 46  , Cedar Waxwing... 1,020
American Robin... 120  , A plethora of Tree Swallows, with over 2,500
really crowning the sky  , Blue Jays... 1,500+  ,
Common Loon... 2, and Bob-o-link... 6

All in alll, a good day, considering how many went through yesterday.

Bill Banks
Seymour