[CT Birds] Blue Grosbeaks multiplying

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 21:37:05 EDT 2008

Hi All,

There are in fact two Blue Grosbeaks at Allen's it would appear as I was down there late evening with Mike Resch a Massachusetts birder and there were distinct plumage differences in the birds we sighted (as well as the sightings being at opposite ends of the site almost simultaneously). One appeared to be a worn adult male that retained a little blue on the breast, the other an immature bird. They were a lot more vocal in the evening as well, making them pretty easy to pin down. The only other bird of interest was a Nashville Warbler feeding low in the gardens.

Luke Tiller, Wilton
www.sunrisebirding.com