[CT Birds] Two Requests from Potapaug Audubon Society...Need Volunteers for Bird Walk Leader and to Cover Key CBC Area.

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Oct 1 13:27:09 EDT 2008

Two requests from the Potapaug Audubon Society in case any of you can help out.  For the first one for a bird walk leader for this Saturday, please reply to Shannon Schiesser at wdssfs'at'comcast.net and Barbara Barron at bbarron687'at'gmail.com (replace 'at' with "@") for the CBC request for someone to cover Great Island via kayak on the Christmas Bird Count, please contact Barbara...Thank you! :

>From Barbara:
Is there anyone who would be willing to lead a walk at Hammonasset State Park in Madison on Sunday, October 5th at 8:00 am for the festival I am including a description of below. Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested. I know you all are very qualified.

This event is run by the Friends of Hammonasset / Meig's Point Nature Center. They do an awesome job.

The event is called Flutes, Feathers & Fine Arts and takes place on October 4th & 5th

Madison Art Society has many participants, both days.
Bird walks both days at 8AM.
Ted Williams, Editor-at-Large of National Audubon Magazine, will give a power point presentation at the MPNC at 9:30AM on Sat.

Falconer on Sat. at 11:00 & 2:00 - birds will be on display when not being shown;
Ranger Russ Miller-MPNC/Reptile Show at 12:00;
Joseph FireCrow concert is Sat at 3:00;

Recognition/Thank-you Reception at 5:00pm;

Lisa Monachelli will do raptors on Sunday at 11:00 & 2:00.

Contact me by replying to this email or Shannon at this email below

 "The Schiessers" <wdssfs'at'comcast.net>,

Thanks, Barbara

Secondly, Potapaug is looking for people to cover Great Island via kayak for the Christmas Bird Count.  This is one of the best areas in the state for turning up something really good.  The count date is December 28th.

>From Barbara:

Anyone out there want to take on Great Island for the bird count? Clay Taylor has moved to Texas! Quite a loss for Potapaug!

Let me know. Thanks.

Barbara

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins