[CT Birds] Report from NHBC First Wednesday Walk

Kris Johnson krisjohnson99 at snet.net
Wed Oct 1 16:23:31 EDT 2008

Today 14 participants attended the First Wednesday NHBC walk, they braved the early, steady downpour of rain and went to Hammonasset State Park where the rain miraculously stopped at 8:00 am. With Luke Tiller as our leader and a number of other notable birders in the group we saw 42 species including several AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER across from the swan pond, 10 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS in the field near the Nature Center and  3 LITTLE BLUE HERONS, 2 juvenile and one adult.  The adult was in the pond up near the platform at the end of the road past the nature center.
    The next First Wednesday NHBC Walk will be on November 5th at Silver Sands State Park in Milford at 8:00 am.  The public is invited to attend.  More information including directions will be posted closer to that date.