[CT Birds] Brant at Sherwood Island, Westport

Susan Thomsen c_spaghetti at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 15:49:37 EDT 2008

10/03/08, Westport. I saw one Brant at Sherwood Island today. East Beach, near the point. I go to Sherwood Island pretty often since this summer, and this is the first one I've seen there. Earlier this week I saw a Black Skimmer at Compo Beach, on the sand between the cannons and Joey's rstaurant. I'd never seen one of these at Compo before. I'm new to the list, and am a more or less intermediate birder. (Can't tell all the Sherwood Island sparrows apart to save my life...) It's great to see what everyone is reporting.

 Susan Thomsen