[CT Birds] Cooper's hawk perched on a car's side view mirror

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 4 15:07:00 EDT 2008

Had a bit of hawk surprise when my family returned with a NYC friend from the Scottish Festival in Goshen, CT. Coming around the back of the main house here we noted a hawk perched on the side view mirror of our NYC friend's car. The hawk at first did not move but then flew up into a near by sugar maple. The bird was a nice adult Cooper' hawk. Perhaps a migrate hawk looking for a chipmunk or small bird snack? One of best looks of a Cooper's hawks I have ever had, it being only about 10 feet away from my car.

David Babington
Washington, CT