[CT Birds] ESA and other news

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 4 22:20:52 EDT 2008

Earlier this year (I think) there was some discussion on this list about proposed changes in the rules that affect the way that the US Endangered Species Act is implemented.  The Ornithological Council, along with the Society for Conservation Biology and the Wildlife Society (all major scientific organizations) have just published a report summarizing their collective views on the proposals.  There are links to a press release and to the full report on my "Conservation Biology in the News" web site.

After a late summer hiatus, where I was too distracted by other things, I'm also back to updating both this page and the one we have on "Ornithology in the News".  Neither page changes daily, but there is usually something new at least once or twice a week. (Though they won't be much in the next 2 weeks as I'll be traveling.)

Both pages can be accessed from:
http://hydrodictyon.eeb.uconn.edu/people/birdlab/public.html

Chris

Chris Elphick