[CT Birds] Juncos in Washington, CT and possible coomon ringed plover report.

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 8 09:41:53 EDT 2008

I noted Angela D's comment yesterday about seeing her first juncos in New Milford. Late yesterday (Oct 7) I noted two juncos in our yard here in Washington, CT. I noted some other sparrow here this AM. I will have to investigate those sparrows as there appear to be some interesting sparrows about.  Possible common ringed plover in Rocky Hill? Good luck on that one folks. I remember one late September at the Cape May Meadows in Cape May, NJ when a possible ringed plover was reported during a NJAS weekend. After this report caused a near riot of birders going to the Meadows, it was decided that the bird was semipalated plover.

David Babington
Washington, CT