[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows - 10/9

D Lawton dlawton at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 9 15:16:17 EDT 2008

I popped down to Rocky Hill during lunch.

10/9 -- Rocky Hill, Rocky Hill Meadows - BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER; 2-3 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS; 6+ AMERICAN PIPITS.

The shorebirds were in with 100-135+ Killdeer at a recently plowed field at the far side before the road turns to follow the river.  Didn't have my scope, which precluded me from identifying a small peep and a couple others on the far side of the field.  There was also a loan SP Plover hunkered down by a large mud puddle on the ferry side.  Didn't have time for warblers and sparrows, but there was activity.

David Lawton