[CT Birds] Eurasian Wigeon / Cackling Goose

Mark Barriger mark8bud8 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 16:59:16 EDT 2008

Good evening,
had great looks at the Eurasian Wigeon over on Bishop's Pond in Meriden today. The pond has a nice large group of American Wigeon as well as a handful of Green-winged Teal and at least four Northern Pintail. There was also a  Red-shouldered Hawk that was calling and hunting right in the area.
I guess the bird of the day for me was my first Cackling Goose of the season. I found it in a large group of Canada Geese on McKenzie Reservoir in Wallingford.

Mark Barriger
Cheshire, CT