[CT Birds] Paucity of birds on LI Sound

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 21:28:37 EST 2009

Interesting. It might depend on where and when we've been birding. For
instance, I had what I would consider average concentrations of ducks,
loons, and grebes from the West Haven shore on Sunday. Also, back in late
Dec I birded the eastern coast on a calm day and had good numbers of loons,
grebes, and scoters. But in my few looks from Meigs Pt at Hammo this
autumn/winter, I've noted very few waterfowl.

Or maybe a better reply would be "Long Island Sound devoid of birds...what
else is new!"   :)

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT