[CT Birds] WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS

Mardi W. Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Mon Jan 5 22:00:23 EST 2009

I decided to stop by the Richardson Sanctuary & Christmas Tree Farm in
Westport.
This can be a great place at times to see some interesting birds. My
luck was with
me as I walked along and heard the sounds of familar call. It was 4
WHITE-WINGED
CROSSBILLS flying by and landed on top of a conifer tree and started
feeding. This was
around 3:00PM and I watched & digiscoped for about 20 minutes or so.
Since Larry had seen
them the other day at Sherwood and myself several weeks ago at
Sherwood. Wonder if these are
the same birds I saw at Sherwood several weeks ago. My hunch was to
look around in the area and
one of the places was here at the Tree Farm. I moved along and came
upon a BROWN CREEPER
(haven't seen many this year numbers seem lower) and 2 BLUEBIRDS. In
the near future I will have
my website up and start posting my images and other bits of news.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
Norwalk, CT

For Roy & the CT List:

 From Mardi Dickinson:
1/5 - Westport, Richardson Sanctuary & Christmas Tree Farm:
4 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS feeding in the conifer trees.
BROWN CREEPER, 2 BLUEBIRDS.